Wednesday, June 17, 2009

holy batman ...

Ok got Ratty T back today, the tune isnt 100%, as we had chewed up alot of $$$ to get to this point. So there is a flat spot if you floor it for a second or so and then all hell breaks loose.

Ill get to that soon. First what was done, The belt drive main pulley was cut to fit properly, new dipstick put in and temp gauge, timing sensor, oil, plugs, coolant, an a 90% tune. and 10hr labour. So it wasnt cheap, but gives me a good base to work from.

So back to the drive home now that it runs pretty good. Well I must say she has some pick up and go. Above 70mph shes a real handful all over the place and really touchy. I have been told that is common on tBuckets. So will look at the steering toe in/out, caster, and even a steering damper. And since the turning lock is completely useless, if you did get out of shape there's no real way of getting it back.

So going along in third... the one with the whine, floor it .... pause and then boom ... front wheels jump airborne and you are off .... wiggling all over the place .... scarey at first ... but like anything it will take a while to get use to. So once I sort out a few of the wof items, and the $$ have built up again Ill get the tune 100%, but like Chris said that may take a while, and that costs dollars.

When I did get home I went about taking off the screen just to see what the wind would be like and the look of it. (Photos to come) then went for a quick drive .... brrr it was bloody cold and the wind was not pleasant. Even though the screen is not my favorite thing. Driving with out it was very unpleasant. So I will have to think how to make one that I'm happy with.