Thursday, August 20, 2009

Brake booster mount

So after the good progress on the pedal box, the next task was to move the brake booster and master cylinder. First was to remove the booster.


Next using the trusting cut of blade in the grinder i removed the old mount.


Mount now removed, time to start working on the location of the new mount.


Unfortunately I discovered that the the booster bakerlight piston was broken. This meant that I had to hunt out a new one or replacement. Now almost everyplace i called had nothing that would fit. So I went out to All Car parts and got another booster that fitted my master cylinder.


So here is the new booster and the master cylinder all mated up.



The start of the mount for the new booster, I planned it out to also give the booster some protection that is required for certification, So the bottom plate extends out underneath the booster and would be the first thing to hit the ground not the booster.


First mock mount.

You can see how the bottom plate protects the booster.

Finished mount, now I need to work out the mounting to the chassis, I was going to weld it in, but think I will bolt it, just incase I need to alter it later on, or if I find extra cash I can use a prettier after market system.