Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rear Brake hard lines: Part 2

Some more time on the rear brakes tonight. I got out the trusty angle iron and made a bracket to mount the other end of the soft-line from the T joint to the chassis. A couple of holes and a trim on one side, job done.  


After working out where is need to be located, I drill a 6.5mm hole through the cross member to bolt the bracket to the underside of the chassis.


Next out with the trust brake line and tool to make the flanges. Not the differnet connectors, and this time I remembered to put them on before doing the flanges. Below is the completed hard-line to go from the proportioning valve to the newly mounted soft-line.


All connected and tighted up.


While doing this I managed to cut my finger. Quite shed tip, insulation tape makes for a great plaster.


"Bother", It appears that the front left tire has sprung a leak .... not sure how. But its a real pain as I cant roll the RattyT out of the garage to do work on it. And its a real tight space to try and get the wheel off. Finally managed to get it off. So will drop that in to the tire shop tomorrow. I will also ask about new tires as Im wanting to go slightly narrower and slightly taller profile.